My Cart

0 item(s) - €0.00

Tel: +353 01 811 7660     Mail: sales@dpv.ie

Timeline / History

  • 1946

    DPV was incorporated by Mr Hyman Simmons wit the primary objective of supplying panel products and veneers to the Furniture Trade in Ireland. Operations started in Swifts Row, off Strand Street in the heart of the then Furniture Industry.

  • 1952

    A move was made to a new site at the corner of Parnell Street and Jervis Street – with warehousing facilities in Chapel Lane, which is just around the corner.

  • 1959

    DPV moved to Little Britain Street, which was at the time that the first custom built facility for any Sheet Materials Distributors in Ireland.

  • 1965

    DPV moved to Little Britain street premises enlarged.

  • 1971

    Further 50,000ft2 of warehousing space acquired in Promenade Road in the Dublin docks area.

  • 1972

    The company merged with Plywood and Timber Agencies.

  • 1973

    John Rooney joined DPV in April.
    The whole operation was acquired by Fitzwilton Ltd. from the Simmons family. An entirely new business called Instabond Ltd was also acquired.

  • 1975

    Derek Byrne appointed MD to replace Martin Simmons.

  • 1977

    DPV Ltd sold to James McCarthy Ltd along with Thos. Dockrell & Sons Co Ltd, Graves & Co Ltd of Waterford and New Ross and McCormacks of Wexford.

  • 1980

    Ray Martin joined DPV.

  • 1981

    DPV has outgrown its premises in Little Britain Street and moved to 3A Airways Industrial Estate, Santry.

  • 1982

    Ray Martin appoints MD.

  • 1985

    The company merged with Dockrels and became known as DPV-Dockrell Ltd for a short time trading from Ballymount Cross, Dublin 12.

  • 1986

    DPV was taken over from Capstan Investments Ltd (the holding company for the Dockrell Group) in an MBO led by Ray Martin in April. Enso Gutzeit Oy from Finland took a 33% stake in the company. Ken Edwards of Enso Gutzeit Oy was appointed Chairman and Ray Martin continued to be MD.

  • 1987

    Acquired freehold premises in North Brunswick Street, Dublin 7. Mr. Bertie Ahern TD, Minister for Labour on Friday 25th September 1987, formally opened these premises

  • 1990

    Enso Gutzeit Oy shareholdings bought out by Ray Martin and Martha O’Byrne.

  • 1992

    Ray Martin appointed Chairman and Mr. John Rooney appointed MD.

  • 1997

    Door and Floors Ltd was established in leasehold premsis on Long Mile Road, Dublin 12.

  • 2000

    Further retail outlet opened in leasehold premesis at Arborfield Terrace Dundrum.

  • 2002

    Retail/ Warehouse outlet opened in leasehold premises at North Road Finglas.

  • 2005

    North Brunswick Street premises sold, with vacation date set for Dec 2006.

  • 2007

    DPV acquires 38,000 ft2 premises and moves to Poppintree Industrial Estate, Finglas.

  • 2008

    Doors & Floors Ltd business sold to Mr. Tom Kelly.

  • 2011

    October. DPV moves premises from Poppintree to smaller premises (25,00ft2) at Ballyboggan Road, Glasnevin

  • 2013

    May. Ray Martin and Martha O’Byrne sell DPV to the Premier Forest Group.